Monday 2 April 2012

Nocton Hall

Abandoned to the vandals, the Grade II-listed former military hospital that treated generations of servicemen

'At risk: Preservationists are worried about the desperate state of the Grade II-listed Nocton Hall, in Lincolnshire, which once was the site of a key military hospital.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2123612/Abandoned-vandals-Grade-II-listed-military-hospital-treated-generations-servicemen.html

It is very interesting that the Daily Mail have chosen this day of all days to highlight the deterioration of Nocton Hall to the nation.

Only yesterday I was contacted by a lady who mentioned she had a family connection with Nocton Hall - her father had attended the Preparatory School in the 1930's.  This lady had carried out some research on the Hall and discovered from the web that I am interested in the history of this once fine property.  Locating my email address and learning that I was actively seeking any internal views, she decided to contact me.  I was extremely excited to learn that this lady had a number of items, one of which contained three pages torn from an old unidentified publication, showing various rooms inside the Hall.  I asked if her if she would mind scanning these images and sending them to me by email... and they arrived today.  Thank you so much Ann!

You can view these below, courtesy of Ann Sampson:


If you are interested in reading more, you can search this blog for other entries about Nocton Hall (see the 'Search' facility on the right hand side).

You may also like to see the summary of actions taken over the years to protect this heritage property.
__________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. Hi Geoff, I'm a BBC journalist doing some research about Nocton Hall. You sound like you know a great deal. Any chance I could give you a call some time and pick your brains?
    Many thanks, Sarah Walton
    sarah.walton@bbc.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,

    I do appreciate you getting in touch with me via the Nocton Village blog - thankyou. My site is very much a personal venture into the blogosphere and was initially aimed at publishing anything interesting happening in the village. However, it is a little more complicated now by the fact that I have become a Parish Councillor. I have to be cautious about what is/is not published about the current situation regarding Nocton Hall. It is probably best that we do not speak over the telephone, as I want a contemporaneous record of what has been communicated to you.

    Unfortunately therefore, I am unable to release any more information than is currently published on my blog. You will no doubt have seen the summary of the Options Appraisal that was prepared for NKDC that was published into the public domain. This pretty much sums up the current position and I can say that discussions between parties are ongoing.

    I have been in touch with the Chair of Nocton Parish Council this morning and can release the following statement to you:

    "Nocton Parish Council is currently working closely with North Kesteven District Council and Leda Properties Ltd to try and seek a satisfactory solution to the ongoing deterioration of the Grade II Listed Nocton Hall and pleasure grounds."

    Regards,

    ReplyDelete

Note: All comments are moderated and will not be posted until screening has taken place. This is to ensure no foul language is posted online. Please leave your name if you are making a comment, even if it is just a first name - thank you.