Monday 12 November 2012

Stephen Phillips QC MP

Wind Turbines

You may like to read your local MP's views on wind turbines:

Onshore Wind Turbines (Lincolnshire) (6 Nov 2012)

Stephen Phillips: Thank you very much, Mr Chope, for calling me to
speak. It is a pleasure and a privilege to serve, for I think the first
time, under your chairmanship. It is also a huge pleasure and privilege
to be joined today by so many colleagues from throughout Lincolnshire.
In opening, I venture to suggest that this is perhaps a timely debate. I
want to make it clear to the House that I applied for it...

Stephen Phillips: I have considerable sympathy with the point my hon.
Friend makes; indeed, I will come on to the subsidies provided by the
Government to those who go forward with these proposals. However, I
think we can all agree that it is certainly right that those subsidies
have to be kept under constant review.

Stephen Phillips: My hon. Friend's opposition to wind farms that are not
supported by local communities is extremely well known, not only in
Lincolnshire but in this House. I also oppose such wind farms, and I
know that many Conservative colleagues who represent other
constituencies in Lincolnshire also oppose them. The nature of our
county inevitably means that turbines have a larger impact on
residents...

There are more results than we have shown here.

Military radar deal paves way for more wind farms across Britain

Thousands more wind turbines can now be built across Britain after energy companies struck behind-the-scenes deals to overcome military objections to wind farms.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/energy/windpower/8726922/Military-radar-deal-paves-way-for-more-wind-farms-across-Britain.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: All comments are moderated and will not be posted until screening has taken place. This is to ensure no foul language is posted online. Please leave your name if you are making a comment, even if it is just a first name - thank you.