Village Keeper and Dog Warden
Nocton Parish Council is looking to appoint a “Village Keeper and Dog Warden” to provide a litter collection, routine maintenance and Dog Warden service to all parts of the village, including Nocton Park and Wasps Nest.
Key tasks include:
- litter picking, the removal of fly posters and other non-official notices from trees, lamp posts, etc
- maintaining and cleaning the village bus shelters
- clearing snow and ice from outside vulnerable properties during winter conditions
- trimming hedges, etc which overhang public footpaths where required
- keeping critical parts of footpaths and the village beck clear of leaves etc
- acting as the village’s Dog Warden
- reporting issues of concern to the Parish Clerk
Hours of Work: Equivalent of 6 hours per week with times flexible to suit the successful applicant. There may be a possibility for limited additional hours by arrangement, in advance.
Rate of Pay: £7.50 per hour (to be reviewed)
Part-time Youth Worker
Nocton Parish Council is looking to appoint a part-time Youth Worker for one evening a week to run the Youth Club in the village.
You must have experience of working with, and delivering activities to, young people between the ages of 7 and 16.
You will be responsible for planning activities, ensuring resources are available, leading and mentoring a team of volunteers, keeping basic financial and other records and preparing reports for management.
You may also be required to attend meetings with members of the Parish Council who oversee the project. The job will require a DBS check.
Initially, the appointment will be for a period of twelve months at which point it will be reviewed.
Hours of Work: 3.5 hours per week for 44 weeks per year.
Rate of Pay: The salary will be £8.86 per hour (Point 6 on the JNC Pay Scale for YCW).
If you are interested in applying for either of these important posts, please write, telephone or email the Parish Clerk (details below) for a copy of the Job Description and Application Form, etc:
Steve Altridge, Nocton Parish Clerk, Banks Lodge, Lincoln Road, Dunston, LN4 2EX Tel: 01526 321760
Closing Date for both Posts: Friday, 26th June 2015
NOCTON PARISH COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER