Sunday 3 January 2016

Campaign against Mega Dairies

Nocton... through the back door

I last made reference to the topic of mega dairies on 18th December 2015. John McKay, who was featured in the article, has contacted me regarding his campaign:

"Dear Geoff,

You may recall my contacting you, a few years ago now, when Mr Willes was promoting his dairy proposals in Nocton.

Unfortunately the saga continues here in North Devon and we have a campaign underway: http://stopit.org.uk

We would all be very grateful for any help from Nocton residents. Can I ask if you could spread the word?

Many thanks for any help... and Happy New Year !!

Best regards,
John McKay"


"Hello John and a Happy New Year to you too.

I shall advertise your request on my blog for my readers to note, but please be aware we have only just come out of yet another huge local campaign, this time against plans for the largest onshore wind farm in the UK (now withdrawn by Vattenfall thankfully, due to the stopping of Government subsidies).

As such, I'm really not sure there is much energy for further campaigning left in the village... but we shall see. Hope everything works out for you locally in the end.

Best regards for 2016 and beyond.
Geoff"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: All comments are moderated and will not be posted until screening has taken place. This is to ensure no foul language is posted online. Please leave your name if you are making a comment, even if it is just a first name - thank you.