Friday 8 September 2017

Village Hall Management Committee - resignations

Nocton Village Hall


Source: Advert in Post Office - 7th September 2017
Following an email to the Chairperson of the Village Hall Management Committee seeking more information, the following comment was received:

"We are in discussions with 2 people for posts of Treasurer and Bookings Clerk... but soon as I can confirm appointments I'll let you know."

Footnote

I must take this opportunity to thank both Joan Franklin and Lorna Storr for their unswerving loyalty and hard work in maintaining the Village Hall over many, many years.

With energy and commitment, much of it behind the scenes arranging many successful events for the village, Joan and Lorna have supported this village community hub on the Village Hall Management Committee. They have seen both the good and not so good times, yet have remained stoic throughout their service.

It is now time to take a well-earned rest and hand over the reins to others who can continue the work required to keep this a successful community venue.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Geoff for those kind words , i have enjoyed my time with the vhmc over the years ensuring the hall is in a good financial position for the future with the various fundraising events some not so good as others but mostly very well supported by the village and surrounding areas.
    I feel as i have moved away from the village it is time to passed the position onto someone with more energy and fresh ideas. I wish the village all the best and hope they will support the old village hall and the new one when its built
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My best wishes to both you and Philip - enjoy your 'retirement'. Regards, Geoff.

      Delete
  2. I also wish to say thank you Geoff for your kind words. I have enjoyed my time with the VHMC over the years and have many fond memories of the people and events there. I hope that whoever takes over from me has the same enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can now enjoy the rest of your retirement too Lorna - best wishes to both you and Peter.

      Delete

Note: All comments are moderated and will not be posted until screening has taken place. This is to ensure no foul language is posted online. Please leave your name if you are making a comment, even if it is just a first name - thank you.